Thursday, January 14, 2010

Day 9 of the new Journey: See Less of Bo: The Cape Fear Heart Walk Journey with Adam Freeman and O2 Fitness

So, working out does not mean that you have a better memory off of the calendar on your phone..got off work and went to the health department at 5:30 and the meeting was not till 6:30...at this point of frustration and driving across town..i would have stopped at chic filet..but guess what! I called michael..told him we would not be able to cook..he could have a free night (he was OVERJOYED...cause he got to have a pizza! LOL!) and I came home..made tuna..took a few minutes to chill and went back and had an amazing board meeting with amazing people. We gave out our first granst for the foundation to 5 amazing projects and got the ball rolling for this year's golf tournament and I was still home BEFORE 8 o'clock! how's that for a good night! :)   Had a salad and a sugar free/low fat treat..chilled and went to bed with The Adams Family movie!

I got up this morning..dragging a little..but I GOT UP! Yeah! still cheerleading that one! My butt is getting up and that is awesome! Got out the door and down to o2....My Ipod had not charged and I was not happy cause no music and i grabbed some ear plugs and decided I would watch the news...spent time with my favority morning folks..Bob and Kim on WECT...and as I was struggling at 15 minutes to get to the next 15..today came out and all the news from Haiti played out..all of a sudden my big tail struggling on an elipitcal seemed VERY insignificant! VERY! each stroke of those handles..each pedal was a pray for that devastastion..that horror...it was..well you all know..you are watching it too. It is staggering and our response must be equal to that...prayer adn watching followed and before I knew it...30 minutes had passed and I felt really good!

My session ended even better because my friend susie came in and i found out she works there..it was great to see someone I know again and leave with love from the gym..

work has been tough a little so far today....I have felt a little weak/tired today..but it is late in the week and I have been going hard. Issues and things that are in my life have not stopped because I am doing this..but I have to say...I am putting this first..this whole...I am going to take care of myself thing...the physical as well as the mental and spiritual...it is all a day at a time. progress not perfection...progress not perfection is my mantra...today..I have eaten well so far...I have shown up....I have my head on straight..my heart open..trying to think before I act and speak...ok...so...being a little tired..not so bad...just can't use that as an excuse to eat a snickers right now..that won't help! HA! but...maybe..this evening..it may  give me rights over a mineral bath and quiet time with Michael!.....

anyhoo....I am off till tomorrow folks!

Before I go...I will signing off each day with this EVERYDAY from now on. I should have been including these links in every post, but I will correct that now! These folks, these places are making the difference in my life and they can make the difference for you....I am so very grateful to and for!:


Remember to visit and support the Cape Fear Heart Walk
http://www.startcapefearnc.org/

It's all about Adam Freeman and his amazng training!
http://o2fitnesstraining.blogspot.com/

Please join and support the amazing folks at O2 fitness! Grateful, does not begin to describe!
http://o2fitnessclubs.com/

No comments: