Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Day 15 of the new Journey: See less of Bo: The Cape Fear Heart Walk Journey with Adam Freeman and O2 Fitness!

Made it!..yeah I know..I am still excited that I made it...it is only fifteen days folks..but my butt getting up out of bed at 6:15 and heading out to the gym is still awesome to me! Feels so amazing! I am still so dazzled by how immense this gift is..it really is a gift! This morning I got a full 15 minutes of cardio in..keep my heart rate above 140 and 5.0 miles an hour! I was psyched!

Adam had a touch of the crud, but he was there too! I have to give it to him, he did not get much sleep has a ton clients, a wife and two kids that they take great care of and for, but was still there for me. I tell you, I am one very fortunate man to have his guidance. It is a blessing each day..even when it hurts! LOL! and today..well, lets just say the exercises that have always embarrassed me were the ones we focused on..and they were the upper body exercices. I have always been strong in the legs and a bear when it comes to moving things around ( I was bred from Tobacco farming folk! HA!)..but my upper body lacked...that is one of my goals to stregthen and today we worked out on the cable cross the whole time and did things that frankly I never thought I could do.

 For the most part, it was pretty awesome, but there was a humbling moment when he handed me those 5 pound dumbells to work on my rotator cuff (sp) and I was burning within three repetitions...I was standing there with these iddy bitty weights, almost 6'2..over 300 pounds and 5lbs was about to make me cry! :) I had to laugh at myself for being so self concious because I know that each moment...each step makes me healthier...and who the hell cares what I look like to others...what counts is that I am getting healthy!

Of course we joked about NOT WATCHING OTHERS AND WHAT THEY DO! ...because when he had me do the extentions with one arm where you pull the thingy and punch forward, straight, it is not to do it fast like I saw others do it, it is to get the resistance and feel it through...he loved adding having me do that one on one foot! that was the Cirque De SoBo part 2! :)

The inside laterals and outside laterals were not as bad witht the dumbells as he gave me a more manly 7.5 pounds on those..LOL! But in all seriousness, everything that we did today was like a miracle to me...I was actually doing it...escpecially the squatty things and I was doing it safely and not hurting myself! I really understood why I have failed at this before..not having the instruction, guidance. It is absolutely crucial. At the end of the work out, I know I have worked, but I am not dead....In fact, I am ready for the day!

Tomorrow is cardio and I am looking forward to the machine. I am at 30 minutes but shooting for an hour ultimately...I have to figure out music to keep me inspired. Right now.."I'm going to the meeting" and "shut up and start Praying" do it for me!

anyway..I am on track with food...in fact..today I had to skip rotary cause of work stuff that had to get done and I had tuna on wheat (see, Bo Dean is eating BROWN BREAD!!!..I think that is one of the signs of the next coming..stay tuned) and a salad!!! LOVE IT  and felt good about it! My life was absolutely completed when I found out that Duke's mayonaise made a low fat version..proving once again the mercy and love of our God! :)

No comments: