Saturday, January 09, 2010

Day 4 of the new Journey: See Less of Bo: The Cape Fear Heart Walk Journey with Adam Freeman and O2 Fitness

went in this am (and yes sir it is saturday thank you very much!) with a load of unbelieveable encouragement from family, friends and a whole bunch of new folks from Adam blogging about what is going on at http://o2fitnesstraining.blogspot.com/2010/01/see-less-of-bo-one-amazing-journey.html
Today is a cardio day, the first one and the first one without Adam. I cannot tell you all how much it means and how grateful I am!

funny how quickly i revert back to high school entering a place without a "friend" next to my side. With Adam there, I felt like there was a buffer between me and all those healthy gym people. Today, I was the newbie...all thumbs, and frankly...scared out of my mind. Oh...but I opened my eyes..a little, and there were people just like me in the place...and I remember why I was there....and frankly, who cares if I am not sure how the machines work...its BEEN THREE DAYS! and I CAN ASK FOR HELP! LOL!

I went into the amazing Cardio Room they have at o2 fitness that is built like a giant theater...dark, quiet, so serene...and I went to the first balcony and got on the eliptical....Taize blarring in my ears...I began. heart rate up to 140 in 2 minutes and I was off. I have to get my mind right. I was trying to fight it the whole time...wanting to get off over and over. finally I closed my eyes and listened to the Taize Chants..and while I could feel my muscles still...it was so freeing...at 9 minutes..as if it was timed, when I was really fatiqued, "oh lord hear my prayer" came on and I pushed through....and at 15 minutes, I new to stop. It felt SOOOOOO good to get there and I knew that if I keep it up, I will be able to do more.

I walked around for a minute then came back and went up to the third tier were they had tred mills. Adam has not put me on one of these, but I did not feel I had done as much as I could and I got on..3.0 at a 4.0 tilt for a while and 3.0 at no tilt. Stayed at 140 heartbeat...and went at it for 20 minutes.

 When I left, I felt accomplished.
Now to get something to eat and enjoy the rest of this cold, but wonderful day!

No comments: