Monday, January 25, 2010

Day 20 of the new Journey: See Less of Bo: The Cape Fear Heart Walk Journey with Adam Freeman and O2 Fitness

Got up this morning...wonderful storms...but like the post office fable..neither rain, nor sleet etc....and I got to the gym! Did 15 on the eliptical and guess what...i discovered something this morning that may explain an awful lot...See, when Adam showed me the machine, he just pushed cardio, punched in my weight, my heart rate etc and said "go"...I really never learned more about the machine. If you all recall I have been flipping out cause i see others beating the band, going 8 miles an hour and just tearing it up and here I am going to 4-5 miles an hour and bustin' my tail.

I figured I was new and I was just thrilled that I made it and all and as Adam says "don't compare!!: ...well TODAY, when the 15 was over..i actually started to do the cool down..which I don't normally do...and I noticed something...all of a sudden, the handles adn the foot peddles felt all loosy goosy and I was going so fast I could not beleive it...there was hardly any resistence...and I looked at a number I had really not noticed before and it said "LEVEL" and it read "O"..and I thought "hmmm" so I stopped, got off and then hit "cardio" and got back on like I normally do and GUESS WHAT? It is at LEVEL 9!!! NO WONDER!!! it was a little hard those first few days and works my tail off!...I had to laugh...cause this was a happy circumstance....my ignorance actually helped me for once!!

So, after I got off the machine, Adam and I went to town...3 sets of sitting squats, push outs, and pull downs with step up and leg ups on the legos in between to keep my heart rate. This time when I looked in the mirror when i was doing the pull downs, I saw some progress in my arms and I actually, in my mind said something nice about the way I looked..(I think I said "not bad!" LOL!)...lot better than "you'll die fat"!
then over to the cable cross for the squats that I have a hard time with, but tried anyhow..the hardest exercise for me..the 90 degree chest presses, and then curls...after several sets (or attempts) at those..I was done! :) But it felt good to try and push through.

I have to admit that i was pretty anxious about today...Work is way busy and I had a housing commissioner's meeting and michael is still sick...so my head was not straight this morning. But somewhere throughout the day, I sought spirtual help and was reminded that I was not in control. This journey is spritual mental and physcial and all have to be in tune. That is where most my "getting off track comes from and it is a hell of a balancing act....but essential 

I am to do the footwork and follow my passion...I have to do one thing at a time and amazingly I got a lot done, Micheal got to the doctor and is getting better, and I made really connections with David this am, Adam, Rebecca, Michael, Louise, John, Mom, and Ned ( I say this because I really cannot take for granted what others mean and how their presence makes such a difference...in so many ways!

anyway...I am rambling...am grateful for today!

Cape Fear Heart Walk
http://www.startcapefearnc.org/

It's all about Adam Freeman and his amazng training!
http://o2fitnesstraining.blogspot.com/

Please join and support the amazing folks at O2 fitness! Grateful, does not begin to describe!
http://o2fitnessclubs.com/

No comments: