Saturday, January 23, 2010

Day 18 of the new Journey: See Less of Bo: The Cape Fear Heart Walk Journey with Adam Freeman and O2 Fitness

Lord do I want to eat like a fool today! I really do get where this is coming from....I have a little history with Bo Dean and I know that I am about 3 weeks into something new..particularly diets, I start to con the heck out of me regarding food and I start just wanting to go back into old habits. Well, not this time. I want this too badly....so, today, I talked about it out loud with Michael...actually I yelled and then laughed a little. But this is not the time to move backwards....doing good things that are making me feel good...not returning to habits that make me feel like crap!...so far today, I am on the right track and I am truly grateful!

Michael is sick as a dog and so I did not go and see my dad today or see my friend's new baby..don't want to spread this mess around. Instead we slept in this morning and then once up did some things around the house that I have been wanting to do for a long time. I had not planned on going to the gym today as I was going to go see my dad, but since I did stay here, and I was having such cravings, I decided to go after all and I got 30 minutes of Cardio in and it was really helpful! (actuall saturday at 6pm is a great time to go apparently!)

Since I really did want something "bad", like a Carrabas type dinner, I decided to get creative....so I made a chicken and mash potato dish that I am very proud of that did the trick. In the past, I wold have taken the chicken breast, dredged them in egg, white flour and seasonings, twice, and fried them in oil, crisp, then covered with marinara, melted mozzarella and parmasean with garlic mashed potatoes made with real butter and half and half. BUT tonight, I took teh chicken breast, put them in the non-stick skillet(the best investment I have EVER made in the kitchen!), cut in small pieces, cooked them over medium heat, NO OIL, with seasonings, then poured Paul Newmans Italian Sausage Marinara (3g fat), made the Idahoan mashed potatoes (the dried ones, that have 2g fat per serving..and I have these as a treat, not as a regular staple...but since they are flavored, no need for butter...and no milk or half and half!)...SO WITH no butter, half and half, oil, egg, flour, or mozzarella, I made an AWESOME meal that was delicious and I can have a salad with low fat dressing for a veg! Man, It is so awesome!

So a successful day and looking forward to tomorrow! thanks be to God!

No comments: