Friday, January 22, 2010

Day 17 of the new Journey: See less of Bo: The Cape Fear Heart Walk Journey with Adam Freeman and O2 Fitness!

Made it this morning and I was SLEEPY! but I got a text from Adam and the crud has hit him...his wife has had it this week and of course he works around the clock...so this morning he needed to take care of himeself and i was grateful that he took time for him since he does so much for me, his family and so many! So, I had a morning of Cardio and not training. Now, mind you..I had a moment or two when getting that message was likened to a snow day as an elementary school kid when for a brief and shining second I thought..well, "if teacher is not at school, I don't have to go"...and then that voice inside (sounding stranglely like the Big Moman Character in Martin Lawrence's movies) said "the hell you say! Get your ass outta that bed and go earn that gift from God". A little ashamed that I had thought that, and like a child caught in the act, I bowed my head, got up and got dressed! HAHA! :)  Seriously..I did get ready and go...it is SOO amazing how I can con myself...ya know.

Last night...well yesterday, I had an up and down day...a lot to do. We have an AMAZING Sherrif here in town and we had a lunch for him, WORK is REALLY BUSY, and last night I was trying to squeeze the olsen park joint committee for the park board I am on and still make the MLK speaker event that I am on the committee of. Somehow I made all the above, but I was really pushing it...and I got the "fill the hole of anxiety and stress with food hungries" that I get...using that AWARE program. See,  I know when I get stressed, I just shove food at myself. Regardless of how stressed I got though, I still made time to eat something healthy and the really cool thing is that at home, we only have good stuff now (and at the office, I have good things in FRONT of all the stuff we keep for the students).

Of course I can over do on healthier things, but i really did not last night, when it is all said and done. I just wanted to eat a giant pizza and be done with it! I just thought it through and it did not feel good at the end of that pizza...or the end of anything that would put me off track from what I was doing. I just had to chill..had to breath..talk out my frustration, my anxiety..pray a little, and whalla! I made it!

Another day of gratitude!

Today, has been good as well! I got an email from a woman who is blogging along with me and two of my facebook friends sent me recipes! How cool is that! I will write more about that tomorrow. I am off now and ready for a relaxing evening. Michael has the crud too..so I think it might be a soup kind of night....
Ya'll...I hope you have a wonderful night!



Cape Fear Heart Walk

http://www.startcapefearnc.org/


It's all about Adam Freeman and his amazng training!
http://o2fitnesstraining.blogspot.com/


Please join and support the amazing folks at O2 fitness! Grateful, does not begin to describe!
http://o2fitnessclubs.com/

No comments: