Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Day 43 of the new Journey: See less of Bo: The Cape Fear Heart Walk Journey with Adam Freeman and O2 Fitness!

made it this morning, but was cutting it close. glad Adam had to do something for a few, cause i was able to get in my full 15 on the elliptical. I know, I know..it is not news that I am making it..but folks, I am still under 60 days on this new journey...for me a life time of not waking up in the morning and being a slow started YET now getting up at 6:15 and heading straight for the gym is something to celebrate..each adn every day..one day at a time..so, i will keep doing it..casue it feels great and it is so awesome!

Adam made up for starting 5 minutes after 7 on the intensity of the workout. I tried and succeed in picking up my pace on the reps during my sets. He has always said not to rush it, but I also don't need to lolly gag now that I am building strength. I cannot tell you how many people I see just standing around...I don't have that kind of time and frankly..no disrespect to others..but I am not all that crazy about smelling a gym for hours at a time! LOL!

It was not to run a race, as Adam says, but to work out as I am supposed to and do it at a pace that makes sense. I did the Horse (squat with weights), the chest press (my fav! LOL), the pull down thingys on the chop machine, the over my head (erector set on steroids), the curl machine, the push down machine, the back massager machine, and the chubby checker, and in between each set, I was up and down those wonderful stairs (my joy!).

Now the good news today on the stairs was I did not touch that railing not once and I was moving a little faster and still my heart rate never got over 141! It just means that I am getting better and it feels so good!
I am amazed!

I am learning so much and it is taking learning from someone who cared enough and had the integrity to make sure I got direction appropriately.

 I have decided I am going to do a special blog entry "what i have learned so far" I do not have the time to do it right now..but I will this week!

I am off to the rest of my day! It has been a good one!

remember to support Adam's Blog and check the others out!
http://www.adamfreemanpt.blogspot.com/
http://www.startcapefearnc.org/

No comments: