Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Day 169: See Less of Bo: The Cape Fear Heart Walk Journey with Adam Freeman and O2 Fitness!

 Ok...well, there is definitely a new incentive for me to "work hard" during my training sessions..if I am a good boy..I get to slip on boxing gloves and swing at my trainer! LOL! No, no hostility...really..but what a work out and awesome feeling too! Adam is teaching me how to Box as well as to develop some skills! It is AWESOME! I cannot believe the feeling and this morning when we were doing the work out, Kristi was there and I got to show off! It was great!

the work outs are are intense now...but it is great. Having begun slowly buidling my smaller muscles and getting more prepared, he has me working on different sets and at higher reps now. I am able to do squat, curl presses....where i do squats with 17.5 pound free weights in each hand, as I come up I do a curl and then do a press over my head. I could barely do squats when we began and now I am doing these at 20 reps! It is an awesome feeling! I have learned that the squats wear me out the most because it takes more to get the blood to my legs and get the circulation going...but the stronger I get...the better it gets.

I was also introduced to bicycle crunches today! I have seen others doing these and always thought "isnt that sweet...the pretty little work out people doing their little tricks"..so when Adam said I needed ot get on my back and do them today...I was incredulous to say the least, cause I am anything in my mind besides a "pretty little work out" person and it has been years since my back went out since I have done ANY major exercises with both my feet off the ground at the same time..but I followed through and daggone if i was not able to do it and at 20 reps! there i was on my back...hands behind my head...in a crunch..legs peddling in the air..and I was crunching as I peddled...no back out..no pain..must working out! WOW!

There was more, but I will share later. Below and in the days to come, I really want to post the food I am eating. I am loving what I am eating and it is so healthy, I figure if I am a visual person, others probably are too!
Below is my favorite salads these days! I LOVE my grilled chicken that I invented....
I take Chicken tenderloins (I buy them from costco in the fresh packs and freeze them and then thaw what I need when I need).
I put them in a bowl with dill, garlic powder, lemon pepper (all about two teaspoons) and a teaspoon of salt. Then I add about 1/4 cup of Lemon juice and mix it all up so they chicken is well coated with all.
I add about 1 tablespoon of olive oil (extra virgin) and refrigerate for a couple of hours (or even better over night).
Then grill. They take about 5 minutes and they are SOOOO tasty.
For the top salad, I take mixed greens and mix with a little lite ranch (that was lunch). and I add crunched up crackers for a little texture instead of croutons.

For dinner,  take mixed greens and mix with my homeade balsamic vinegrette and a little feta cheese. It is Awesome! and so tasty!
All low fat, high protien, High in fiber and vitamans and so great in flavor!
Notice..no bread, pasta or potatoes...just veg, a little fat, and good lean protien! SO YUMMY!
my balsam:
Put about 1/4 cup of balsamic vinegar in a blender
add teaspoon of garlic, lemon pepper, white pepper, and a 1/2 teaspoon of salt
Put the top on and then pour EVOO VERY slowly through the top whole while the blender is on high until thick.
Use about a tablespoon of dressing per person..if you mix in a bowl, you don't need a lot and it coats so much with nothing but flavor!

Bon Skinny!

:) Thanks Be!









No comments: