Wednesday, June 09, 2010

Day 155: See Less of Bo: The Cape Fear Heart Walk Journey with Adam Freeman and O2 Fitness!

guess the bike ride late last night effected my brain..did not set my alarm for the first time in, oh...I can't remember when and left my phone (which has my wake up, back up, alarm on it) in my brief case)....and..well, you guessed it...I woke up this morning and said.."what time is it?" michael said "7"...I rolled over and said..."oh"...and then like in some comedy routine..sprung up like a bat out of hell.."7!!!" yep..I was late for the first time for training. I texted (is that a word now..a verb?) adam and got my butt in gear. Arrived at 7:15 and after 5 minutes on the elliptical to warm up...and a little bruised ego from Adam (hrumph! LOL!), I got in 30 solid minutes instead of the 50 I usually get...but, I showed up! :) and for that I am grateful! Just have to remember to set the daggone alarm! LOL!

Tonight, I felt a little guilty about this morning, so after dinner, I went down with Michael to the pool and got in 30 minutes of swimming. It is funny how much of a work out swimming can really be and I will have to do more before I am really doing this at a performance level. But it allayed some of my guilt..and frankly..it felt good too! LOL!

New recipe alert!
I wanted to make my own rub for my grilled chicken...so, i just started throwing together things I like..I have finally perfected this and I have to say I love it!
I took the chicken tenders (boneless, skinless). placed in a bowl with dill, lemon pepper, lemon juice and just a small amount of EVOO. I mixed it all together, covered and put in the frig for a few hours. then grilled them this evening. Absolutely perfect!..served with salad and made for a fabulous dinner...protien, low fat, high flavor...yum!

anyway...had a good day..hope yours was too!
Blessed be!

No comments: