Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Day 69 of the new Journey: See Less of Bo: The Cape Fear Heart Walk Journey with Adam Freeman and O2 Fitness

Great day..but very different in many ways. This morning I just could not get going and made the decision that since it was cardio day, I would go after work and get a little extra sleep. The time change I think has me a little off kilter and I drifted back. Regardless, I got to work and it was go go go all the way...I had a lunch meeting and was afraid I was not going ot eat, but I made sure that stopped at the teeter and got a salad on my way to the meeting so that afterwards I woudl have it after we met and still stay on track...mind you, I passed hardees, bojangles, taco bell, mcdonald's and burger thing on the way to the teeter...in days past I would have grabbed, consumed and gone...but I took the extra 50 seconds to park, so in, gran the salad and get on the way. I not only saved some calories, I may have added a few hours to my life and I know that I had a better day because what I consumed treated my body well and preared me for the rest.

After work I went to the gym and while it is a lot more crowded at that time of day, I was able to get on my elliptical do the full 30 minutes. I did the sprints for the first 21 minutes and then finished at the regular pace. The sprints really do put it out of me pretty hard, but I did it! It felt so very good to do it and I am becoming so enamoured of sweating! I feel so alive! I mean, who would have ever thought I would be on that machine at 13-16 miles an hour for those sprints and then back to the regular pace...and be able to walk still!

I have to admit, I like going in the morning better and starting my day, but this worked.
I am looking forward to tomorrow if I am granted it and I hope that I continue as I have do today! It is a blessed life!

No comments: