Saturday, March 13, 2010

Day 66 of the new Journey: See Less of Bo: The Cape Fear Heart Walk Journey with Adam Freeman and O2 Fitness

had a great evening last night with Michael, my mom and step dad. Michael and I went to a seafood restaurant then went and hung out with my parents for a while. It was nice just to sit a talk and be for a little bit! I had blackened flounder at the restaurant and it was pretty good, but I kept thinking I could make it better...so I was on a mission. Remember, fish is something I am determined to eat more of (besides tuna fish from the can) and...well...you  all have now figured out me and "missions"! LOL!

Today I got up at 8 and went to the gym. As it is saturday, it was cardio day and I did the new routine on the elliptical, doing the sprints ever 2 minutes. I was able to do that up through the 21 minutes and at that point I was not able to get my heart rate down and just finished at 6.5 miles an hour to the end of the 30 minutes. It was awesome and I felt truly accomplished! Getting that machine up to between 13 and 15 miles an hour for that 30 seconds ever 2 minutes is a mental and physical stretch but it is something to work for and it is pushing me to make more of that part of my work out.

I left the gym and went to breakfast with great friends! It was the perfect way to cap off the workout and with amazing people that I had a great time with!

I got home and Michael and I hit the day...a beautful day. We ended up not spending money, but laying out on the beach..enjoying the glorious sun..the chilly wind, and the warming sun, the amazing sound of the surf and the rejuvination that comes from ocean's power. It was so wonderful!

I decided that I really wanted to cook fish, so we left and got a pound of flounder....Mind you, I have never grilled fish before..ever. We got the grill in operational order from the winter lack of use...and I  hit google. I made a little marinade..and went to it. It was AWESOME! I could eat this EVERYNIGHT! so, I am hooked! of course at 11 bucks a pound...I may have to find a differnt fish...but hey...i paid that for ribeye..right?

So, all it all a blessed day!

thanks be to God!

No comments: