Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Day 256: Greater than through love and support: Journey with the Cape Fear Heart Walk and Adam Freeman

Saturday I went for a bike ride for the first time since the saturday before when I fell.
It was awesome to be back on the road..and while I definitely still felt it in my knee cap when I pushed down or encountered a little hill, it was good to put in the time and feel the recovery from the injury! It was even nicer to see that by taking my time, taking care of myself, but still showing up, I can move through something like this and live to do more for another day! :)






Sunday I took off for the most part and had a truly spiritual day with Michael..just really enjoying the house and aside from a brief moment of feeling overwhelmed by the garage that is still not emptied of its stacks of stuff to be gotten rid of, I let go and focused on our time, my time, and time that I could spend being at peace and the luxury of that and felt so much better! I also let the leg and knee rest as well and heal even more!

I fell asleep early and woke up at around 11 and could not get back to sleep till around 2am..so I got up this monday morning grumpy. It was not lack of sleep, just grumpy. Adam and I had a good workout and i was back at the Oxygen Express with slight modifications as I am still healing in my knee, and i am happy to say that I am not that bad after all is said and done. There really is healing going on from this!

This morning, I got up and went running..it was the first time that I have done that and it was really nice! I just stayed in the neighborhood and did exactly 30 minutes so that I could make it to work on time. I did three full circles around our private streets and after i got dressed I drove that and it was 2.5 miles. That is pretty great. I am still going slow to let my knee really get back to perfect conditon..but it is an absolute dream to be able to run! I have NEVER been able to do this and never dreamed i would be able to on a regular basis!
grateful, grateful, grateful!

well..today is work...Rotary..work...and then two committee meetings this evening! I am a lucky lucky man!

No comments: