Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Day 250: Greater than through love and support: Journey with the Cape Fear Heart Walk and Adam Freeman

back at work today and walking upright like a real bipedal creature! It felt pretty good! lol! It was a little more than embarassing to have the fat lip though...but I just told folks that I got out of line with Adam and did not do the reps that he instructed me to do and, well, I wouldn't be doing that again! LOL! Of course that would be about the last thing Adam would EVER do, but it was kind of fun!
My knee is tight still and swollen, but I managed pretty well and I was itching to get back on the road, run, do something. I think, since January, this is the longest I have been without doing something...(saturday, sunday, and monday)..so today, I was ready! Adam and I saw each other at Rotary and agreed I would try the elliptical this evening and long as I would ice it down after...so that is where i am now...iced and laying here writing you! I did 30 on the elliptical it was not too bad. I don't think runnin would have worked today. Putting down to much pressure on the knee is still hard and I have to be careful.

What i am proud of is that I am pushing through...with care! There was a time I would have used this to stop..give up...or at the very least take a week or more off. Now, it is just not an option! I love this life and what I am doing and I love the results too!


I was a little paranoid about gaining weight sitting in bed. But I think I might actually be ok there too. I ate a little too much hummus and had my sugar free ice cream sandwiches, but I did not order in pizza or do anything to "comfort" myself while I was immobile. Feeding myself while I am hurt with something that would end up hurting me more just did not make much sense! LOL!


Anyway...I am looking foward to getting back to training tomorrow and maybe by saturday back at runnning!
Thanks be!

No comments: