Tuesday, September 07, 2010

Day 240: Becoming Greater Than Through Love and Support: The Cape Fear Heart Walk Journey with Adam Freeman

Snacks are just plain evil if I let them and lately I have let them! Oh, don't worry, I am not eating chocolate bars and cheetos like i used to, but at the same time, I am eating too much of the good stuff in my life and frankly, that mess can sneak up on me as well. Here's why....Part of my issues all along have been eating constantly and eating the wrong stuff. Well we got rid of the wrong stuff, but I stilll have this "eating constantly" thing that rears its ugly head every so often. A lot of it has to do with stress and some of it has to do with my physological reaction to the foods I am eating. Yep, I have learned that when I am eating things that I like and there is this great combination of salt and fat, I am likely to just want to eat more and more all daggone day! What I am learning through all of this is that if I am going to eat something that has that combo (like hamburger and a salad with my favorite lowER fat ranch) then I have to be prepared to STOP myself from eating all day...and taking care of myself...maybe chewing gum after to stop the taste..even rinsing my mouth out with listerine..yep..you heard me. Folks, I am learning and I have shared before that I can have a lot, but there is a physical reaction. So, if I am going to choose to eat things that give me cause to want to eat all the time, well I gotta do things to take care of Bo!

The stress part, well, that one is a little trickier, becuase I am sometimes not aware of my stress until I am in the thick of it..usually on my third snack of hummus and crackers or my second helping of pretzels and lowER fat ranch...or my second bowl of sugar free ice cream...all of which if done ONE of ONE in ONE night would be fine, but two or one of each in a night...that ain't helping ontop of a meal :)

Bottom line...food don't fill the emotional...don't fill the stressful..don't solve problems...don't make anything better....and I am a lot better today for knowing that!

Now, throughout my little snack attack this week..I have worked my butt off in my exercises and I am proud of myself for that! I in fact..I bought 40 inch waist pants this weekend..did you hear me..40 inch! Pretty amazing for someone back in January who was pushing out of 54s! :) I am stunned by them..and so very grateful! So very grateful!

I am ready for a great rest of the week!
thanks be!

No comments: