Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Day 128: See Less of Bo: The Cape Fear Heart Walk Journey withy s Adam Freeman and O2 Fitness!

k...i am not a slacker...I swear...I let last week, graduation at work for our students, mothers day and all that went on sort of sneak up on me and get me a little overwhelmed and I did not blog..but let me tell you...it has been a wonderful week, 7 days since I last checked in..and no worries about diet and exercise..we have been on track and moving along!

Last Thursday I did not go to the gym in the morning as I knew it was going to be a long day. In my work, we have a major function for our students the Friday morning before graduation that involves them and their families and has grown to about 500 plus people. So, we are now setting it up the evening before. So, Thursday, I was going around doing errands and getting prep work done and I knew that on Thursday evening at 9..we would be setting up the displays (their research posters) the welcome etc. This year, in addition to the set up, I had another graduation celebration to attend for the Lavender Graduation..so, at 5 I went to it..and it was wonderful...I enjoyed the fruit and a bite of the hummus! (:) and when it was done went home, got my gym clothes on and went and worked out. No matter what, I was going to make sure that I got my cardio done. I did 17 minutes of sprints within the full 30 minutes on the elliptical and then I was able to go back to work and work on things..and then go to set up.

Now...I was tired by the time that we were done on Thursday night, but I noticed something significant. I did not have the pain in my back or feet that i remember from last year. I was not short of breath, and frankly, I was still ok when I was headed home. Truly my physical shape after these 5 months has been trans formative and it has effected my work abilities as well!

I got up at 6 am, went to work, had a spectacular event to honor these amazing students, went to another event (which I missed last year because I was too tired and went home and fell asleep because i did not have enough energy!). then about 3:30 my director told me to leave early as a treat and  went and got on my bike, rode to the gym and did my training by myself (Adam knew we could not train on Friday because of the graduation). I was so thrilled that i was able to do this after such a positive but stressful event and take care of me and do what was right be me. Here again..just because there was a big event and I had worked hard did not mean that I did not have to treat myself to a good work out...and that is what this is...it is treating myself to being healthier now...and it is work..but it is making me feel and do and be better everyday!

On Saturday, I got up a little late..but not too...and worked on cleaning the house. It felt good to have some time for this kind of activity. Michael got back from his departmental graduation ceremony and we decided to go by his bicycle. we got him one like mine and for cardio on Saturday...he and I biked to wrightsville beach! It was awesome and I was so proud of him for doing it! That's almost 6 miles to the beach from our front door to the sand! He was not so ready to bike back on his first go round, so I just got on my bike, headed home, got the car and we went to dinner with our bikes on our new bike rack! We had fresh fish at sweet and savory..it was wonderful! :) What a fantastic thing to have someone to ride with....to share this with....to be supported by and to support!

On Sunday, we headed down to mother's for mother's day and had a great healthy lunch at her favorite new place, the Surf House, and then went for a beautiful tour of the aquarium. we had  wonderful day and when Michael and i got back, we went for a ride on campus on our bikes..just to enjoy!

Monday's training with Adam was great and the day was awesome.

Tuesday, well just very special. I wrote about how blessed I feel to be the recipient of friendship from Adam and to have come to know the story of his and Aimee's daughter, Kayleigh Ann, who passed away after only 10.5 months. Her life was and is such a blessing in this world to thousands and for me, I feel her spirit everyday in knowing Adam and the gift of life in renewal that has come to me, and as a result of this blog and all the others who have come, to so many others. Tuesday was the anniversary of her passing and a small, but very loving group of people who have been touched and befriended by Adam, gathered at 02 for a balloon release to give prayers and thanks for her life, memory, and legacy. It was very special. The event was about looking outside ourselves, our own needs, desires, concerns, and remembering a life so fragile, but one that made such an indelible mark in the world and continues to do so. 

The day was packed with board meetings and other things going on, but that was the highlight and it was very powerful!

Today has been a good day with training, bike ride over and back and good eating!

So, more to come! but..thanks be to God for all of it!

No comments: