Wednesday, May 05, 2010

Day 121: See Less of Bo: The Cape Fear Heart Walk Journey with Adam Freeman and O2 Fitness!

I do not know how the days slip by! Here is is WED! Oh well..it has been a good week and I am on track.
This is a little high stress/emotional week as we do our grad ceremony for our students at work. For me it is bittersweet because I see the students who have been with us for four (sometimes 5 *smile*) years graduating and moving on. They are amazing and it is such an honor to be a small part of their growth and development. This graduation breakfast that we do for our students is so important to me becuase it is a way to honor the awesome work they do..so, a little stress..but exctiement!
As a result, I used goldfish as a crutch this week. not the ones in the fish tank..but the little gold snacks! I ate them constantly as I was trying to get the large booklet we do finished. It was not like it was in years past with biscuits in the morning, donuts, large lunch and lots of other fatty snacks..but after i posted the tips on eating on Sunday, I have to say, this was something I had hoped not to do. The good news is this, in all the stress and what was happening was the worst of it. Michael and I went to costco and got our chicken, greens, apples and I got the things to surround me with health and wellness and each morning I have been to the gym and kept up all week with training. Now, if I want to beat myself up over goldfish I can..but i won't. I am talking about it because somehow by talking about it, it helps me to let it go AND to not want to makeit go further..like to a pizza! LOL!
This week will be great and even last night with the elections..there were some good things that happened, and some not so good things...but no need to do anythign that would hurt me..I have not control over anything after the fact. In fact, I had no control before..realizing that I can only do what I can do and the putting myself in God's hands makes for a very serene existence a lot of the time.

I am a very fortunate man....and while today's workout was a little more stenuous than I am used to...well, it should be...i am getting stronger every day! Thanks be!

No comments: