Thursday, April 01, 2010

Day 86 of the new Journey: See less of Bo: The Cape Fear Heart Walk Journey with Adam Freeman and O2 Fitness!

got going this morning and felt good and did my 30 on the elliptical with 20 minutes of sprints...actually got to 22 minutes of the sprints which felt good and stayed in my fat burning zone.
I had a good day at work and got a lot done..but for some reason today I felt fat for the first time in a while. Not sure why..but it was just weird. No biggie..but guess I just have those days. It was a beautiful day and when I got home we put together the new 10 foot patio umbrella out back and sat out and enjoyed the eveing after dinner. I decided instead of doing a round two at the gym I would go for a bicycle ride. It was a great idea. I got on my bike and took off...God it was great! I went through the neighborhood and headed straight for the bike trail that we worked so hard in making happen through the years I spent on the parks and rec board. I am so proud to have been a part of that, but now, being heathier, there was this feeling of..i don't know...life that made me so happy being out on that trail tonight..I was like, 10 again...speeding along on that path, dodging around...it was pure JOY! I had on my heart monitor and I stayed in my zone, but what was amazing was I never spiked and even when I was heading home, I was having to peddle to keep it up! :) It was not that long ago that i tried to run that same distance on that same bike and when I returned I had to get off the bike and walk it part fo the way becuase I could not peddle that far!  I got home and could have gone so much farther!!
I ran in the house exhilirated! I asked michael to go with me and we traced the path. It was 4.5 miles in total and I had been gone for about 20-25 minutes. It was awesome! I can see this happening a lot in the future!
Blessed be!

No comments: