Saturday, April 03, 2010

Day 88 of the new Journey: See less of Bo: The Cape Fear Heart Walk Journey with Adam Freeman and O2 Fitness!

yesterday was good friday and it was absolutely perfect. Michael went with me to the gym and I was able to get a full 15 in on the elliptical before Adam and I started our training session. He had me doing push-ups and other things and it felt great to be halfway to my goal of 25 pushups without stopping...i can knock out 11 before I have to stop! and I am not doing them from the knee and I can get down too! :) So awesome! But the best part of the morning was that I have a childhood trauma from Glenwood Elementary school when Mrs. Womble made us all do a chin up. No matter how hard I tried, I just could not do it. It was a seriousl source of embarassment for me at the time and I took it seriously to heart. Well, when I started training , Adam asked me about my goals and I said I wanted to do one damn chin up before I die. So, he took me over to the chin up machine to see what I could do. I was not able to even get half way up. Well, today...I said I wanted to try again...adn not only did I do one...I did 6 the first time and eight the second time!!!! It was such and AMAZING feeling. With Adams steady hand and encouragment I have built up to be able to do things I never dreamed of...and it is so awesome! I am very grateful!

We left the gym and went to breakfast and then walked for hours in Airlie Gardens. It was stunning to walk in an area of the Garden we have actually never been before in all these years. Typically when we would go I would get to tired, or my back would start to heart. Today....well, we kept walking and never tired and discovered even more beauty in the Garden...I think I should start a list of all the things I am begining to benifit from from this change of health..seeing more of the beauty of the Garden was a wonderful perk!


Today, I slept in a little then got going by BICYCLING to the gym..yep..I got my butt on my bike...pelligrino bottle of water, ipod, and phone and took off. It was AWESOME! Got the gym and saw my friend C., the fiance of one of the two who got this gift that I am experiencing going, and he and I talked a little about the blessings....It was great! I jumped on the elliptical and the 30 just flew by. I cycled back...and by the time I got home, I was not overwhelmed. It was ok! What an awesome experience and somethign I plan on doing more and more!

Anyway..today is also a special day for me...21 years ago another major change came into my life. I am remined each and every day that God gives us no more than we can handle in a single say and everything that we need is right in front of us, we just have to be willing to accept it and show up! For these 21 years, I have been and continue to be blown away with a life that...well, is just one gift...one day at a time. Thanks be to GOD!

No comments: