Saturday, January 01, 2011

Day 358: Greater than through love and support: Journey with the Cape Fear Heart Walk and Adam Freeman

Ok..so if you noticed the days jumped a little, it is because somewhere during the year my numbering got off. On January 7th it will be 365, so I decided to go ahead and fix it here.

Today is January 1, 2011! the first day of a new year and if today is any indication of the year to come, I will be having a great year!

We got up this morning and went off to the 5k for the Wilmington Area Rebuilding Ministry..WARM...it was awesome..the weather has broken from the cold and snow and we had 58 degree weather this morning. I saw old friends this morning and it was such a "warm" way to begin the new year.



The best part was having Michael along and I hope that we will be able to do more of this!
We also got some black eyed peas and cornbread for luck for the year!  I did not beat my top speed for a race, but that was ok. I have to admit I was pushing pretty hard this morning. I was tight through my legs and back for some reason. I did stretch, but I was having to push more than I can remember in a while. I do know that i had not eaten this morning and this race started a little later than most, so I was running on virtually empty. I am going to the have to power up a little next time to feel a little better. I finished at 34 minutes, which is the same as most of my top times..and still down over 12 minutes from the very first race that I ran just 4 months ago...

But what was incredible was when it hit me:

Just a year ago...just 12 short months ago, I could barely walk to the loop without losing my breath or having shin splints, and here I am running the daggone thing!

I can remember seeing pictures back then of my friend Andy. He posted pics of himself after losing 80 pounds in 10 months and getting so fit...I remember the visual of how amazing he looked, but moreover thinking... "he did that in 10 months".."I have 10 months...I can do that"....and by breaking up that 10 months into one day at a time intervals..and really focusing on each day...as I continue to do now...WOW!...I am at this point. Now...imagine where I can go from here....imagine....

So, This morning was a little more for Michael and he needed to rest..and I decided to head out to the beach and had a little time for reflection.





I am not sure I was as articulate about miracles and blessings as I should have been..but you get the idea...there was a lot of work in  this this year..but there was the gift that Adam gave me...the intervention from Kristi and Ashley...and at every turn there has been something..someone....things that have helped to make this real, alive, viable for others....and hopefully...all of it has been of use and has been something that has helped others...

well, we have more to do...more to uncover..more to learn...God, that is so exciting!
thanks be to God!

No comments: