Monday, January 17, 2011

Day 375: Greater than through love and support: Journey with the Cape Fear Heart Walk and Adam Freeman

The last few days have been awesome, but Saturday was the best!

I started the day by making sure that I showed up and made a new class a priority to get the Yoga that I have wanted into my life really started. Oh, I got some yoga...some tae chi and some pilates and more out of this class called "body flow". It was amazing.

Before the class started I found out from the front at 02 that the owner of the gym was there. I have not been able to met Michael Olander and have been wanting to and to tell him about not only the journey that i am on because of the opportunity that his gym provided, but about what kind of trainer he has in Adam. I was able to do just that.  I think i scared the manager, brian, when I knocked on his door and he may have thought I was coming to lodge a complaint! LOL, but he soon found out that I was there to thank them. I was able to tell Michael about how much Adam has been serving the community, about the gift of life and health he had given me and what the membership at 02 meant for me. One of the things I have learned over the years is to do everything possible to find a way to thank those who bless not only me but who are a blessing.

I left the meeting and went into the new class. I have to tell you that going into these classes is intimidating with all these people. I am as self conscious as the next person, but I work really hard a focusing on why I am there and try and block out others except for the person leading the class.

The instructor for Body flow is megan and she was the person who led the Body Combat class. I thought it was interesting that her fire in that class would be translated into something that was supposed to move at such a different pace. What I found in this class was that while Body Combat was fast past and kept my heart rate up, Body Flow worked me harder because in the movements that we are making, there is a great deal of control, balance and the use of the whole body..but it is amazing! What was so amazing was my balance! When I first started with Adam, I was not able to stand on one foot without the support of holding on to something. Here, in this class, I was holding the pose on one foot, then extending out and then straight back with a flat back and bent knee! OMG! It was incredible! After all this time I am able to do things I never dreamed of and it felt so good!

I was unable to do only one of the exercises..but wow! I want more of this!

I left the class energized, renewed and surprisingly spry!

The rest of the day was just going and enjoy with Michael and having encounters with good people!
Thanks be to God!

No comments: