Monday, January 24, 2011

Day 382: Greater than through love and support: Journey with the Cape Fear Heart Walk and Adam Freeman

This has been a very strange, but powerful day.

We got up and off to the gym this morning. I am so proud of Michael that he has gotten past the month and is still going! It feels really good to be going together. He goes and does his thing and I train and we meet up at the end. It is awesome

Adam had a plan for "building" some muscle for me this morning and we were off...push ups, pull ups (assisted, but so cool that I don't need help from him!), what I like to refer to as the Catholic Prayers station...on my my knees, pulling down...while looking up...then standing and pulling from both sides doing bear hugs with weights....then jumping jacks...the hypers with 25 pounds added, then the pull thingy and push thingy....and rinse and repeat! Oh...but wait..I got to add to the push ups with the SLOW pushups....slow down...slow up...and repeat...oh...that was fun! But, i did the routine and while intense. it was great. We even blew off some steam while i kicked his tail grappling! LOL!..ok, maybe I did not win..but for an old man, I held my own!

Left there feeling great to start the day and got to work and it is sooo busy...and then the strange/powerful things happened....opportunities to connect with those in need, productive work, meetings that were tough, but shared some things that were so powerful....and in the midst of it all, I just felt this sense of peace. It was really powerful. It is hard to explain..
but at the end of the day, I was full...you know what i mean....I just needed a release and went for a run...I ran well! I ran hard too and released anything negative and celebrated all the good stuff...it was so nice. Adam had suggested I try and do some cardio today...and it was the perfect thing for me.


I am also going to be journalling all that I eat this week to see where I am with that.

All in all it was an amazing day!
thanks be!

No comments: