Friday, December 17, 2010

Day 332: Greater than through love and support: Journey with the Cape Fear Heart Walk and Adam Freeman

I know..I am a little blog happy this week..but this one is important. This morning I was having a kick butt workout with Adam..in between each amazing set of strength reps he was having me do jumping jacks..the most amazing feeling came over me as i went up and down..I felt my body being almost solid..you know..that feeling of a body that is toned...together..fit. I knocked out 40 jumping jacks in between each set like it was nothing...and it hit me how amazing that was..that after a year..here I am doing something I just could never have dreamed of..that this is where I am and wow!

and then...

I went over and stepped on the scale...

No..I have not lost anymore weight and I am still on the plateau..and WHAM..in my head...I was heavy...I was jiggly..I was all sorts of negative crap..and Adam..God bless him..saw it..he saw what came into my head and without missing a beat said, "nothing will change..and I mean nothing if you don't see the positive and stay focused on that.." "that tightness and out of breath you are feeling is the fat that is burning off your body and you are going ot burn through this. But if you are thinking negatively, you are going to hold on to this and it will never change"..

I thought...damn..this 32 year old is a wise little yoda! :) facilitating my higher power this morning as he does so foten...and reminding me of that lesson that "what you think in your heart, so shall you be"...What a blessing. And I am here to tell you, my brother/trainer could not be that conduit if he was not in touch with something much greater than himself as well. It is amazing.

From that point on.even the exercises that I dread..I focused on as a means to a positive..but as I looked at myself in the mirror towards the end adn remembered that less than a year ago I could not even face that mirror in the gym..my heart soared...

well..Merry Christmas all!
and thanks be to God!

No comments: