Monday, June 20, 2011

I need your help

Yep! I am starting something new today and I am ready. I have been mentioning it off and on for weeks and today, one day at a time, one minute at a time, I am going to start something new. I just need your good thoughts and prayers.

When I was 30 years old, I quit smoking. It was a miracle and I had the horror of that addiction lifted from me. It was the second time in my life that I knew a new freedom and a new happiness. I am a VERY addictive personality and physicolocially I am wired that way if you have not seen that through my posts.
What I did not realize at the time, but have come to realize as I have begun this new "phase of happiness" is that much of my eating is a great deal like my smoking: habit based. I find myself just eating when I am at work, watching tv..just occupying my time and inbetween great, and health meals.

I have most assuredly changes what I eat in those "habit" eatings, but they are empty, not needed calories that are occupying me spiritually and are impeeding some of my growth and I want it to stop. I want to change this behavoir...and today..just for today..I am making that stand.

I do not know what is going to happen. I know from prior experience that habits formed from years of use are difficult, but I also know that prayer, meditation, "changing a throught, moving a muscle" and all the tools I have been given work.

What i need from the "greater than through love and support" of all of you is good thoughts, prayer, and the love that is always there. I know I can...I believe I can...I balanced on one foot on the bozo ball yesterday! I can do anyting I set my mind and heart too....

Now....it is about NOT habit eating. Now it is about just having those three square, wonderful and blessed meals and nothing in between. Now it is about the blessing of health and the connection of my spiritual self to something other than a habit that fills me with things and now substance.

So, here we go....

Love you all....There I said it...it is out there..can't take it back. When I hit send...I have lifted up this prayer and I have put it out there....and the next step is taken...it is the step that is the hard part..the letting go...
now, if I can just stop typing and hit send.......

1 comment:

ND's Mama said...

Prayers and good thoughts sent your way. YOU GOT THIS!!!