Sunday, June 19, 2011

Day 503: Greater than through love and support: Journey with the Cape Fear Heart Walk and Adam Freeman

(by the way, for those of you who get this is "reader" or in email, there is a pic and a vid in this post i think you have to go to blog to see). 

So here is another goal met. Yep...when Adam stuck me on the bozo ball the first time, he told me to stand on one foot...well, i could barely do that and I had to do it near the machines to steady myself. Well, fancy pants-trainer-man hopped on it and not only did it with one leg, but then did a one legged squat. When he hopped off, he said "you'll be able to do that too" On the oustide I smiled and probably said something like "ok..cool"..but on the inside after I finished cussing him out for showing off and then smiling that smile that only really skinny healthy people can smile that is so sincere that you want to punch them (LOL!) ...I am pretty sure I thought...NEVER! Lol.. But I learned as we went from that day forward that never was not in the cards..and I found that I was capable of a lot more than I ever imagined and he helped me to see this. 

So, about 8 months in I said "I am gonna do that one legged squat one day". Since then, every once in a while I have hopped up and tried, but no luck..but I have kept on trying. Well, today as I was stretching before my run, I was thinking about that and hopped up on the ball and went for it. I was stunned first when I could balance on one foot for an extended period of time. I got excited and decided to slowly lower myself down on the my left leg and I did it...then I did it on my right leg! I was ecstatic! I yelled out of Michael to come and "look at me" like some thee year old learning to ride a friggin tricycle! :) It was exhilarating! I got back on the ball and sure as poo...I did it again! :)  It was not a fluke! :)
Then I asked Michael to video me just standing on one leg on the ball...and I was able!


I am blown away! and it feels great!
I went for my run to celebrate. This is the first run in a week for me. I have been riding my bike and using the eliptical since I had the issue with my hip last week. It felt so good to run! :) I did the campus run, but about the time I got to the baseball fields, which is a little over 2 miles into the run, I had to go to a walk. I have learned to listen to my body and the heat this afternoon was just horrendous. I was getting nauseated. But by going to a walk, I was able to keep my heart rate at 140 (it was over 155 on the run) and keep going). So I got a great work out! I am glad I have learned to listen and to slow down when i feel that way.

Anyway...lots to look forward to this week!

Thanks be!

No comments: