Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Day 623: Greater than through love and support

In the course of this life change I have had occassion to be down a couple of times and not able to exercise..but it has been quite a while and in particular it has not happened since running has become an almost daily part of my life.

this past Friday we had an amazing work out and I left knowing i had really done something..but there was no time to rest...I left and worked all day and then had something after work, that next morning and then had recruitment day at UNCW...and then a couple of things after that...by the time I got to Sunday, I felt like crap and just stayed in bed. I probably would have been better off getting up and stretching and doing somethings..but I literally stayed in bed all day and when I got up on Monday morning, my back was a tight as it has ever been in some time. I was having difficulty standing up and sitting down. The tension was scary...so, I had to cancel training and Adam was great..but was adamant about "no exercise". I was ok with that...but it went to tuesday and again this morning.
The good news is that as the day has moved on today, I have felt it loosening up some and I actually walked across and back campus and it was great. So, tonight I just did 15 minutes on the little stepper machine and it actually felt better after and i stretched.

But here is the deal. I have learned how valuable exercising is. I have learned how learning how to exercise right is. I have learned that when I hurt myself or when i am having a hard time, to treat myself well, because I want this more than I can say and I don't want to do anything that will make it worse...so I LISTEN! LOL!..but most importantly I have learned that I also no longer fear allowing an injury or an issue like this getting me so off track that i don't return to do right by myself. Yes, I live one day at time, but there was a time that when I made a change, a break in the new habit would lead me back to the old habit quickly.  That was the fear before. I thought that if I stopped for even a day exercising that I would not get back to it. No, this is part of my life and wellness now. It is absolutely necessary and it feels so good to have that as part of what makes me feel so good! Part of this is the piece that comes from within that drives me but the other is the part that comes from the accountability with keeping up with and not shying around from those who love me and being honest about where I am and what is going on with me. It is vital.

there is A LOT more going on right now that I am not able to share just yet...but through it all, I am so glad to have this wellness in my life..it makes ALL the difference..every piece of it!

thanks be!



Adam Freeman Personal Training  | Juice Plus Whole Food Nutrition!   |Cape Fear Heart Walk! GIVE TODAY! | Crest Fitness | Live Fit Cape Fear! |Custom Fit Meals| Heidi Kaufman Nutritional Services-Dietitian | Bike Cycles Bike Shop at Mayfaire| Boseman's Sporting Goods | New Balance Shoes | Tidal Creek- Healthy Foods! | Pita Delite- Wilmington | Hibachi Bistro on College Road | The Star News | WECT | Wilmington Biz and Wilma | Encore Magazine | New Hanover County Public Health Department | Zoe's Kitchen | Try Sports| VitaCost online NC Company for sports Nutrition | City of Wilmington Parks and Recreation| New Hanover County Parks| Airlie Gardens | The Shell Cross City Trail | Wrightsville Family Practice | Sandra Miles Dentistry | Church of the Servant Episcopal | Active.ComWithout Limits Coaching | Go Time| Cape Fear River Watch| New Hanover County Arboretum| Coastal Land Trust| Masonboro.org| Hook, Line and Paddle| Wilmington Road Runners | Cape Fear Cyclists| Jessica Cooper Therapeutic Services

No comments: