Tuesday, April 05, 2011

Day 450: Greater than through love and support: Journey with the Cape Fear Heart Walk and Adam Freeman

Maybe it's the springtime storm outside tossing the trees about and bringing down the temps by about 20 degrees, or maybe its the work load that seems like it is insurmountable..or maybe it is the amazing feeling of speaking last night at the county commissioners,  graduating with a diverse group of folks from the citizen's academy and truly being among new friends gaining new awarenesses, or celebrating a milestone of 22 years since a major change in my life, having a successful recruitment weekend, paddling for two hours on the intracoastal on Sunday...and on and on...or maybe it is just the sum total of all of it..but i just feel weird today. I feel fat, out of sorts, and I don't know. My oar is in the water and I am paddling against the current (now that I have been in my kayak twice, I feel at liberty to use such references being a seasoned boater! LOL!).

So, it is a weird day. Not that big of a deal...just don't need to over analyze...enjoy the gifts and try and practice "HALT"..hungry, angry, lonel, tired...where/when or if  I am too much of any of these..just stop and take time to make sure I am taking care of myself and not going overboard.

It is that time of year..Spring..the promise of everthing renewed..but it is also the busiest time of year at work and there is a lot going on. So, breathing..remembering my priorities and taking it one day at a time, one minute at a time...well, that is the best always. So short post today..but that is ok too...just need to stop..check in..be at peace.

On to the Rest of a good day with weird moments...:)

No comments: